Monday, May 21, 2012

La Musique Francaise

One exam down, two to go!!  Today I had the grammar portion of my atilier d'ecriture class and tomorrow I have the essay portion as well as my Histoire de Paris a Travers ses Monuments final.  Il y a une lumiere a la fin du passage!!  In the spirit of studying AND procrastinating, here are some of my favourite French Language chansons (songs).

Rien de rien- Edith Piaf
I could not have a post about French music without Edith Piaf!

Sous le ciel de Paris: Juliette Greco
Such a wonderful song that captures Paris beautifully.  It is on the soundtrack of one of my favorite movies, An Education.

Que Je t'aime: Johnny Hallyday
A classic French pop song

Nos Reves: Kery James ft. Amel Bent
Bah oui, c'est le rap francais! 
The song is about equality in France and for "les banlieues" or the slum suburbs of Paris

Ce Jeu: YELLE
all about "this game" of love....
"you like to manipulate me and I like to do the same to you..."

Toi et Moi: Guillaume Grand
My new favorite French song!!  J'adore....
"It will be just you and me/ near here or far/without crazy rules/when you want we'll go/
All the colors of the sky/a bunch of bottles/ of rum, wine and honey/
when you want, we'll go"

Bisous,
Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment